5 tbl spoons of Pesto
1 packet Penne whole wheat pasta
crushed black pepper – according to taste
crushed red chilli flakes – according to taste – optional
2 zucchini sliced in rounds
Red /green/yellow bell pepper - I buy a frozen bag from trader joes
2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes - optional
Grated cheese of your choice
1 tsp olive oil or use the oil from pesto
Salt to taste
You can add your choice of veggies. Sometimes I add olives, pine nuts ,cherry tomatoes and sun dried tomatoes.
- Boil whole wheat pasta in water with little salt till its cooked. Drain the water from the pasta after its boiled and let it cool.
- On a wide pan, add 1 tsp olive oil(I take the oil from pesto bottle) and saute zucchini and bell peppers .
- Add the cooked pasta, 3 tbl spoon of pesto and mix them.Let it cook for about 3 min.
- Add crushed black pepper, red chilli flakes and the remaining pesto. Cook for 3 more min.
- Remove from stove. Garnish with grated cheese before serving.