Thursday, April 1, 2010

Grilled Paneer


 This is one of my favorite barbeque recipe. It’s simple, easy to make and has a very rich taste. I got the recipe for the marinade from my friend Smita . I made very little variation to the original recipe I got from her. You can also broil paneer if you dont have a grill. I dont have a grill at home, so I broil the paneer at high for about 15 min. I add red,yellow and green bell pepper along with paneer while broiling and this makes the dish so much more colorful and yummm.I add garlic salt instead of normal salt that adds an extra flavor to the marinade.
Ingredients for Paneer Marinade
  • Paneer - 250gm cut into small cubes
  • Sour yogurt - 2 cups
  • Tandoori masala powder - 5 tsps
  • Dhania powder - 2 tsps
  • Garam masala - 1 tsp
  • Chilli powder - depending on tast
  • Ginger paste - 1/4 tsp (optional)
  • Garlic Salt - 1 tsp
Ingredients for Bell Pepper Marinade
  • Grilled barbeque seasonings - 5 tsps
  • Olive oil - 2 tsps
  • Garlic salt - 1 tsp
  • Bamboo sticks  for grilling 
  •  

Method

Mix all the ingredients for Paneer Marinade . Marinate paneer for at least two hours before grilling. I usually marinate it over night  and the paneer absorbs the masala really well.  Mix all the Bell Pepper marinade about 30 min before grilling. Arrange  the paneer and bell pepper alternatively on the bamboo sticks and grill /broil them for 15 min .

Serve this hot with chutney. I sometimes use the marinade as the chutney (with some tadka) and it tastes very  good .

1 comment:

  1. Niceee!!! When did you post?? You should send me link no whenever you post! Looks very yummy and i am sure it tasted even yummier! Time to buy a grill and BBQ:)

    ReplyDelete